July 15, 2013
Thursday, July 15, 2013
President proposes to delay Obamacare’s employer mandates
President Obama proved what we have been saying for three years - that in fact his prized health care law is not ready for primetime. His plan to delay the implementation of the employer mandate for one year is a clear sign that the Obamacare “train-wreck” has finally started to derail. Obamacare is a disaster that is raising health costs on hard-working American families, and this is just more proof that we should fully repeal the President’s health care law and work to find a solution that truly lowers health care costs while fixing other problems without the radical mandates and taxes in the President's law.
Senate Democrats turn their backs on millions of students, again
After three unsuccessful attempts by Senate Democrats to come to an agreement on a viable solution to address the now-doubled student loan interest rates, they have decided to put politics before American families again and again. The House has passed a bipartisan, long-term solution to begin fixing our broken student loan program by tying interest rates to normal market conditions. It was under the control of Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid, that Washington liberals rammed through a government takeover of the student loan program, by tucking it into the other failing federal program, otherwise known as Obamacare, yet Democrats refuse to address the problem they have created. It is time for the Democrats to put aside party politics, and pass a long-term solution to fix our broken federal student loan system.
To stay up to date with RSC Members, solutions, and progress on advancing the conservative agenda please visit our website. Stay up-to-date with the RSC on our Twitter and Facebook.
RSC Media Activity and Member Initiatives –Visit our Media Center for more.
- Rep. Black (TN-06) seeks cosponsors for H.R. 2511, the Federal Land Freedom Act, which delegates control of energy exploration on federal lands to the states.
- Rep. Renacci (OH-06) is seeking cosponsors for H.R. 2565, the Stop Targeting Our Politics IRS Act (STOP IRS Act) to allow the Agency to terminate any employee determined to have targeted a taxpayer for political purposes.
- Congresswoman Ellmers (NC-2) is seeking cosponsors for H.R. 1416, the Cancer Patient Protection Act.
- Rep. Hultgren (IL-14) and Rep. Wolf (VA-10) invite Members and staff to attend a special screening of the film, Nefarious: Merchant of Souls, a 2012 award-winning documentary exposing the disturbing trend of modern-day sex slavery around the world and in this country.
- Rep. Cassidy (LA-6) is seeking cosigners for a letter to Speaker Boehner urging Congress to begin a thorough step-by-step approach to our nation’s immigration problem.
- Reps. Yoder (KS-3) and Tom Graves (GA-14) seek cosponsors to HR 1852, the ‘Email Privacy Act’, to stop warrantless email searches by the IRS and ensure that all email, regardless of age, has the same privacy protections afforded to snail mail and private phone conversations.
- Rep. Meadows (NC-11) is seeking cosigners for a letter to Speaker Boehner and Leader Cantor urging them to de-fund the implementation and enforcement of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act in any relevant appropriations bill brought to the House floor in the 113th Congress.
- Rep. Roskam (IL-06) seeks cosigners on a bipartisan letter urging Qatar to abandon relations with Hamas
- Rep. Young (IN-09) is seeking cosponsors for H.R. 2575, the Save American Workers (SAW) Act which would repeal Obamacare’s definition of 30-hours as equaling a full-time workweek and restore the traditional definition of 40-hours
Mr. Graves (GA-14) will reintroduce a revised version of his previous Defund Obamacare Act, which prohibits any federal funds from being used to carry out Obamacare, rescinds any unobligated balances, and clarifies that any entitlements created by Obamacare are eliminated.
- Congressman Williams (TX-25) is seeking cosponsors for H.R. 2445, the CAFE Standards Repeal Act of 2013 which will repeal the corporate average fuel economy standards.
- RSC Updates are now online! Looking for one of our recently released charts and graphs? Click here.
- Stay up to date on budget and spending news with reports from the RSC Budget and Spending Task Force.
- Keep up with national security by reading the National Security Working Group’s newest report.
- Check out the Repeal Task Force’s work to eliminate bad laws and regulations.
- And don’t forget to see the great work of the Sunset Caucus.